1/21/2009

Another Tree-Hugging Blog Entry

Waking up in a foul mood can have a huge impact on how you look at the world around you that day. 

This morning I found myself awake at dawn suffering (oh, the melodrama) from a mild case of whatever the cat had yesterday. During the time spent taking her to the vet I was able to get a read on what the kitten was feeling and it felt like a mild case of the flu that we humans get from time to time. After getting the read, I didn't properly ground the energy picked up and got the full effect early this morning. Damn me and my energy work. 

After improperly waking up from an "acid" dream to a fucked up eye, a headache carried on over from the night before, and a disturbing loss of all sense of time and space I found myself in a really pissy mood. The wrong side of the bed is an aptly used phrase here. All ailments aside, I have no idea why my otherwise perky overcoat I typically wear to the world had completely dissolved on waking. This led to some morning meditation.

Lately, while meditating I have focused on what I want and need from my life. This has taken me to one specific routine that I usually just fall into where I can feel the bounty of the Earth rising around me. The Earth is full of wealth and fruit just waiting for the labor. Okay, I say to myself, then why am I having such a difficult time finding work? Well, the economy is shit, of course. But then I find answers coming to me that I didn't expect. 

It reaches much further than just the simple fact that we all have been severely fucked by the previous administration's foreign policies and bad management of the country we entrusted to them. No, it goes beyond that and comes back around to the simple fact we all hear everyday but don't realize its full meaning. We are slipping away from the Earth and all she holds for us. Through generations of development and progress we have forgotten where that all originated and why life even continues today. In our loss of connection with the Earth we have lost our connection to those responsibilities so often talked about in many of the major religious texts and spiritual teachings. That of our job of caring for the Earth and tending it as co-existing entities on it's surface. 

Like a parasite we have crawled across the surface, penetrating beneath the skin, sucking the life and resources from the beautiful planet we live on. In our pollution of the atmosphere, our hording and free-reign destruction of forests, lakes, and oceans, the extinction of so many different animals, and our day to day lack of concern for the well being of those around us, just to name a few, we have failed to uphold our end of the bargain handed down through generations since our first moment of birth in this world. We forget that basic law of cause and effect and have only recently begun to take stock of what we have done. What will be the effects of this thing we have caused?

The snake mother goddess of life-death-rebirth
It is my opinion and belief that the Earth can take care of herself. And if she continues to feel the desecration of her being and the rampant lack of concern for her well being, she will adjust and adapt to take care of the problem. That problem is us. Nature has a way of causing disaster in order to bring new life. It's evident in our forest fires, earthquakes, and climate shifts. From death comes rebirth. From each rotting corpse comes fertile soil and the chance for a new growth. She is powerful, she is a mother, and she will kick our ass until we shape up or are gone completely replaced by a new caretaker and cohabitant. 

What the fuck does this have to do with morning meditation and seeing the riches around us? Good question. Each person has the ability to make the future for themselves that they desire and if we wish to feel the simple joys of a life well lived, a life of fulfillment on a material level, maybe even on a spiritual level, then we need to reconnect with the bounty of the Earth around us put out the labor to reap the fruits. We need to realize that our day to day actions have a universal impact through our interconnection with each other and make those small changes to create a better future for ourselves and each other. 

After a simple morning meditation my mood is hardly improved, but my outlook on tomorrow, heck even today, is improved and with further focus and study and meditation I can start to see how I can be in better control of my future and start doing my part to return to the Earth the love that has been so freely given from day to day. 

So ends my pissed off insights. 

No comments:

ShareThis With Your Network